In this episode, I address questions people have sent covering a wide variety of topics. Topics range from the meaning of colors in dreams, the current changes happening on the planet, our purpose & having greater understanding.
In this episode I deal with the hot button topic of identity politics (uh-oh), addressing it from a spiritual viewpoint. I use my stories with my teacher, John-Roger, to illustrate this higher perspective. I also address one of our listener’s question about cooperation. Here’s the link to John-Roger’s book I read from, called Timeless Wisdoms
Below is the reference for the two factors, and the questions, that I talk about in the episode.
If you have any questions or areas you would like me to look at in an episode please let me know….you can reach me via my contact page.
Factor of Discouragement #1
WHAT ARE WE LIVING FOR? WHAT IS THE POINT?
- The point is to grow (spiritually, mentally, financially etc)
- We grow by being of service to others
- Solution to Courage: Service
- How can I be more of service in my life?
- What can I do in my life to help someone else (this could be helping the needy or doing something for a friend or family)?
- What’s the next step I can take to do that?
- Do it
Factor of Discouragement #6
- “I can’t seem to do anything right”
- “No matter what I do, I can’t please you”
- Underneath criticism is a knowing inside of us of perfection, and we want others to be perfect (and ourselves!)
- Solution to Courage: Look for the lesson in the criticism, using the criticism to your advantage
- What is the criticism (from others or myself) that has until now caused me to go into feelings of discouragement?
- Is there any truth behind the criticism?
- If I could use that information to my advantage, what would that look like?
- What is a positive step I can take in that direction right now?
Here’s the latest episode. This week it’s just me. I start by talking story about living/working with John-Roger which was sparked by an experience I had recently…a small miracle that happens when in the flow. Then I discuss a couple tools that have been working for me in my relationship (you’ll have to listen to find out more). Last, but definitely not least, I discuss starting to work with your basic self. Enjoy!
I recorded this episode while camping near Santa Cruz with my dog, so it has a little different feel.
Lately I’ve been speaking with people about God. Some are atheists and claim to not believe in God, others are religious and claim to believe in God. I find so much of the discussion revolves around belief or disbelief, yet there is no agreed upon definition of God. So, I discuss my view on letting go of beliefs and redefining God in a way that is more supportive to opening to the experience of That Which Is. I play an excerpt from John-Roger’s seminar “Are You Getting Disillusioned” (full seminar available at msia.org)
I also talk a bit about some hot and cold techniques I’ve used for health, injury recovery and weight loss.
For the latest Episode I interview Michael Hayes. We discuss his story of how he came to be a spiritual healer and counselor, as well as looking at what is going on in the world today from a unique, spiritual perspective. Michael has been doing this work for 40 years and is known as a ‘counselor’s counselor’ as he assists people who assist millions. You can find out more about Michael at awaketolove.com
How many of us have had times in our lives where we’ve felt stuck in a situation in our lives that is no longer bringing us happiness and joy? I know I could raise my hand, both hands (and more hands than I have). It could be a job, a relationship, living conditions or any situation where we feel a captive. I found answers, or rather the right questions, in a seminar by John-Roger (J-R) called Nuclear Radiation from Ground Zero (the seminar is available here).
When you finally get sick and tired of being tired and sick, you can get to a place that J-R called ground point zero, where you are willing to pay the necessary price to get out of the situation. In that place, there is a new-clear energy that radiates. There is simple freedom and simple clarity.
Even if you haven’t reached that point yet, there are some questions you can ask yourself to get clarity. It may not solve your problem, but can give you a view point that is outside of your dilemma. Its an opportunity to be honest with yourself, so you can realize what it is that is stopping you from getting out of the situation and what it would be like if you were free of it.
Sometimes, just getting a greater understanding of where you actually are can start the process of change that you are looking for.
So here are the questions to ask yourself:
1. If I didn’t have (job, experience, degree, trade, wife/husband, kids, parents etc), if I didn’t have any of the things I feel trapped by, what would I do?
2. What is it that bothers me that makes me stay where I am when I feel a captive?
3. What price am I willing to pay to get out of the situation I am in?
As you contemplate the answers to these questions, or possibly write them down, you can find a deeper understanding of yourself and the situation you are dealing with.