Below is the reference for the two factors, and the questions, that I talk about in the episode.
If you have any questions or areas you would like me to look at in an episode please let me know….you can reach me via my contact page.
Factor of Discouragement #1
WHAT ARE WE LIVING FOR? WHAT IS THE POINT?
- The point is to grow (spiritually, mentally, financially etc)
- We grow by being of service to others
- Solution to Courage: Service
- How can I be more of service in my life?
- What can I do in my life to help someone else (this could be helping the needy or doing something for a friend or family)?
- What’s the next step I can take to do that?
- Do it
Factor of Discouragement #6
- “I can’t seem to do anything right”
- “No matter what I do, I can’t please you”
- Underneath criticism is a knowing inside of us of perfection, and we want others to be perfect (and ourselves!)
- Solution to Courage: Look for the lesson in the criticism, using the criticism to your advantage
- What is the criticism (from others or myself) that has until now caused me to go into feelings of discouragement?
- Is there any truth behind the criticism?
- If I could use that information to my advantage, what would that look like?
- What is a positive step I can take in that direction right now?